Sunday, January 14, 2018

Man Card by Sarina Bowen and Tanya Eby | ARC Review

Man Card (Man Hands #2) by Sarina Bowen and Tanya Eby
Publisher: Rennie Road Books
Publication Date: January 15, 2018
Genre: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 452
Source: eARC from Publicist
Find on Goodreads




Goodreads Description

Nothing ventured, nothing banged...

Ash
I still don't know how it happened. One minute I was arguing with my arrogant competitor--our usual trash-talk over who deserves the larger commission. But somehow I went from throwing down to kneeling down... 
It can never happen again. I don't even like Braht. He's too slick. He's a manipulating mansplaining party boy in preppy clothes.
So why can't I get him out of my head? 

Braht
There are two things I know without question. One: Ash and I are destined for each other. Two: never trust a man with a unibrow.
Ash is my missing my piece. She's the sweet cream to my gourmet espresso. And nothing gets me going faster than her contempt for me. They don't call her the Ashkicker for nothing. 
Eventually I'll win her over...if my past doesn't ruin everything first.

My Thoughts


Last month I had the opportunity to read and review Man Hands, the first book in this series. I enjoyed the story these two authors brought to life through Brynn and Tom. However, going into Man Card I was a little skeptical if I would enjoy the story as much because I wasn't sure the main character and her love interest were a good match.

I'm so happy to say I was proven wrong. I hate to say it but I think I enjoyed Ash and Braht's story more than Brynn and Tom's. Ash and Braht had a lot they needed to work on before they were ready for each other. It took a while for me to warm up to them but ultimately I ended up loving them and their progression from the beginning to the end of this novel.

There were a few times throughout the book when the characters seem to speak directly to the reader. It felt weird and I didn't like it because it pulled me out story each time. Besides this I really enjoyed the story. I was happy I got to see a little of Brynn and Tom and how life for them was after Man Hands. I really hope Sarina Bowen and Tanya Eby decide to collaborate at least once more for Sadie. She deserves a happy ending too!

No comments :

Post a Comment