Thursday, October 11, 2018

Love, Sincerely, Yours by Sara Ney and Meghan Quinn | Review

Love, Sincerely, Yours by Sara Ney and Meghan Quinn
Publisher: Self Published
Publication Date: October 9, 2018
Genre: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 273
Source: eARC from Ink Slinger PR
Find on Goodreads




Goodreads Description

Dear Mister...**strike out** no, too formal.
Hey there sweet cheeks *strike out* no, too forward.

To whom it may concern,
Full disclosure; before we move forward with this email, I would like it to be known that I have consumed an adequate amount of alcoholic beverages to intoxicate myself tonight. Three margaritas, two shots, and one beer—because it was free.
I think it’s important to be open and honest with your co-workers, don’t you?
So here I am, being honest. Drunk but honest. Or just drunk with lust? You decide.
I like you so much it’s clouding my judgment and making me do things I never would sober. Like write this letter.
I have a hopeless, foolish, schoolgirl crush on you when you are the last person on earth I should be falling for. Did you know people around the office call you a sadist? An egomaniac. An insensitive, arrogant prick. Your bark is worse then your bite, and you don’t scare me. The fact is, I’d love that bite of yours to nip at my bare skin while we’re both wearing nothing but sheets.
For once I want you to look at me as more than one of your employees. 
And as long as we're being honest, that navy blue suit you wear? With the crisp white shirt? It really makes me want to loosen your tie and show you who’s boss. 
Love,
Sincerely,
Yours.


My Thoughts


When I first saw this book I knew I had to pick it up! Office romances can be hit or miss for me but Love, Sincerely, Yours sounded promising. In this book we are following Peyton who works running the social media for Roam, Inc. Pretty early on she reveals she has a secret crush on her boss and CEO of the company, Rome Blackburn. When she goes out with a few friends she ends up sending Rome an anonymous email with details on how she feels about him.

Oh man!! I was not expecting the slow burn but it was so good! I realized it was going to take about halfway through the book for Rome to realize it was Peyton emailing him and I was worried the romance would feel rushed from that point on. That was not the case. The waiting made that moment right after he found out really intense. Also, it was even better because Rome started noticing Peyton outside of the emails. At this point they had a closer connection than just physical attraction. Although they had this connection and Rome was finally fully aware, they didn't automatically jump into a relationship which I really appreciate.

The pacing of this entire story was amazing! It never felt like anything that happened between Peyton and Rome was happening too fast or slow. I absolutely loved the two characters and the effect they had on each other when they were together. On a bit of a side not the, I was disappointed that one of the subplots wasn't fully developed. Since Rome thinking Peyton betrayed him was a major part of their relationship, I wanted to know who the mole in the company was and if what happened with Peyton was a set up. I had my suspicions but I would have loved a definite answer.

Before starting this book I had already read a couple books by Sara Ney and enjoyed her writing. However, I've never read anything by Meghan Quinn so I wasn't sure what to expect from the two of them. The two authors writing together was magical and I never wanted to put the book down. With the way this book ended I'm guessing these two are planning to collaborate for at least one more book and I can't wait! Love, Sincerely, Yours is on of my new favorites this year and I highly recommend for anyone wants some romance in their life!

No comments :

Post a Comment