Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Reasons Why I Love YA


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the ladies of The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme was a freebie centered around reason why we love a certain thing/topic. I decided to go with reason why I love YA or Young Adult Literature.

1. There's always an adventure: It doesn't matter if it's an emotional, physical, or even both, there's is always a journey that unfolds in the story.

2. Hope for change: I'm still getting into adult novels and this might be a complete stereotype but there is room for change in YA novels unlike in adult novels that sometimes focuses on the aftermath of bad decision making. Even though it might be a little hard to believe at times, YA allows for a character or group of characters to change the world (or at least their part of the world).

3. The Romance!: I love reading about romance and YA novels are so romantic (for lack of a better word at the moment). The characters are old enough (in my opinion) to understand and experience love, heartbreak, lose, etc. so when they find "the one" it's a beautiful thing.

4. Escape from reality: I am very happy with my life but I admit it's not always the most exciting. I love being able to pick up a book and explore a new world. Even if the world is similar to my own, there's always something that happens that is something that will probably never happen to me. I love being able to live the characters' life without having to actually live it.

5. It's not an "easier" version of literature: It's said that this still has to be said. YA novels doesn't mean the content is easier to read than literary fiction, it just means the these novels are targeted towards the young adult age category. It really bothers me when people try to put down YA just because of that label. YA novels can be just as unique and complex as books marketed for older age groups. I have read some truly brilliant novels that are under the young adult category.


What are some reasons you love (or even like) YA novels?

No comments :

Post a Comment