Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday | The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Expected Publication Date: November 1, 2016
Pages: 384
Find on Goodreads


Goodreads Description

Natasha: I’m a girl who believes in science and facts. Not fate. Not destiny. Or dreams that will never come true. I’m definitely not the kind of girl who meets a cute boy on a crowded New York City street and falls in love with him. Not when my family is twelve hours away from being deported to Jamaica. Falling in love with him won’t be my story.

Daniel: I’ve always been the good son, the good student, living up to my parents’ high expectations. Never the poet. Or the dreamer. But when I see her, I forget about all that. Something about Natasha makes me think that fate has something much more extraordinary in store—for both of us.

The Universe: Every moment in our lives has brought us to this single moment. A million futures lie before us. Which one will come true?

Why I'm Waiting


I want to start by saying look at that cover! It's simplistic but so beautiful! I went to Bookcon this past weekend and they were giving out ARCs for this. I was sad that I wasn't able to get one. I haven't read Nicola Yoon's debut novel Everything Everything yet but I have heard nothing but good things about it. I definitely plan on reading that soon but everyone's praise for this authors writing has me extremely excited to check out her next novel. 

I haven't seen too many reviews on this book yet and I think that's because ARCs just started going out but there have been a few. The reviews/quick thoughts that I've already seen have been amazing! Of course that's gotten me even more excited. Hopefully I'll have another opportunity to get an ARC but if not (and honestly even if I do) I will definitely be picking up a copy when it is published. I might even preorder it. If you can't tell, I'm really excited for this! Why is November so far away?

No comments :

Post a Comment