Monday, May 2, 2016

April Wrap Up

I was just talking to someone about how it seems like the older I get, the more time seems to fly by. Even though it doesn't seem like it's been that long, I'm quickly approaching my first year of blogging. I can't believe it! April was a pretty good month. My nephew was born and I went back to my home state and was able to see most of my college friends. April was also a good reading month for me. I think I read more during this month than I've ever read in a month. I think that has a lot to do with the fact that I participated (somewhat) in 2 readathons this month. Now that I've finished with my intro and let's get into the wrap up and what's coming in May.

New to My Shelves


I'm a little ashamed of the amount of books that I purchased during April. It's too many to post pictures of all them. If you want you can check out my video where I talk about the books I got in March and April, but most of the books in the haul were purchased in April.

Books I Read



Saga Volume 2 (4.5 stars) | Saga Volume 3 (5 stars)


Saga Volume 4 (5 stars) | Saga Volume 5 (5 stars)


The Sea of Monsters (4.5 stars) | Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock ( 4 stars)


Food Wars Volume 1 (4 stars) | The Deal (4.5 stars) 


Merman in My Tub (2.5 stars) | Addicted to You (3.5 stars)

Currently Reading




2016 Reading Challenge


As of right now I have read 23 books towards my 50 book Goodreadsn reading challenge. According to Goodreads I'm ahead of the pace I should be reading to reach my goal and that's thanks to the graphic novels I went through at the beginning of the month. I know I have for sure finished another book for the Finishing the Series challenge. I decided to update all my challenges at the end of the month so I will be doing that sometime during the week. 

Coming In May


The first thing I want to mention is a readathon that a book blogger/booktuber that I follow has created/ is hosting in May. Ashley @ Bookish Realm is has created the Mental Health Awareness Readathon which will be taking place May 16-22nd. I'm going to be participating in this readathon and I thought some of you might be interested. If you are interested in this and want to see the challenges check out her announcement video for all the information. Ashley also made a twitter account for this readathon so make sure to check that out as well.

The other thing I wanted to mention is that I'm working on getting stuff together to try to go to Book Con on May 14. It is really last minute but since I'm from Chicago and some other plans fell through I decided to try to go and see family that weekend. If anyone that happens to come across this post before and you are going let me know and maybe we can try to meet up.



How was April for you guys? Anything fun or exciting happen?

No comments :

Post a Comment