Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Bookworm Delights


Another week has gone by which means it's time for another Top Ten Tuesday. Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. As you can tell from the title of this post, this week's theme is the Top Ten Bookworm Delights. I'm sure there are more than what I have listed but these are the first one I thought of. Let's just get into the list.


1. Getting recommendations that I actually enjoy: I ask for recommendations all the time but I know I can get really picky while reading. So it's amazing when I like something as much, or even more, than someone said I would.

2. Bookmarks!: I'm one of those people that will pick up pretty much anything I have around me to use as a bookmark but I still absolutely love actual bookmarks. I just got a gold foil set from aureateargent on Etsy and they are beautiful. I can see myself have a big collection in the future.

3. Beautiful cover under the dust jacket: I love a book that has a nice cover but I love it even more when the hardcover is equally as nice. Not only does it let know the publisher (or whoever is in charge of that) put in the extra effort but it also gives me something else to look at since I take the dust jacket off to read my hardcovers.

4. Reorganizing my bookshelf: For the longest time I didn't have a bookshelf. My books were either in piles on my dress or on the floor in my closet. Now that I have a shelf I love reorganizing it whenever I get new books. Now I just need more because I'm ran out of room.

5. Being able to read without being interrupted: Currently I do most of my reading at work and of course I'mg going to have interruptions then. It's more rare now but there are days when I just sit around at home and read but it seems like every time I get interrupted for something. I love those times when I can sit down with a book and some instrumental music (I have 3 younger brothers so I need something to block them out) and just read until whenever I feel like getting up.

6. Connecting with people over books: For most of my life reading had been a private thing, mostly because I didn't have anyone to talk to about what I was reading. I love being able to discuss books and bookish things with people.

7. Maps: I love having maps, especially when there's a brand new world I know nothing about. I appreciate having something to reference when characters are traveling through that world. Also, they are always beautiful.

8. Reading a book that was exactly what I was looking for at that moment: I am a mood reader! There have been times where I ended up not really liking a book because I wasn't in the mood for it. I feel so satisfied after finishing a book and realizing it was exactly what I wanted to read.

9. Getting book mail: I like getting any non-bill related mail but I especially like getting book/bookish mail. Even when I know it's coming, I still get excited. It's even better when I don't know when it's coming!

10. Extra stories from my favorite books or series: When I grow to love characters in a book or series, I'm always sad to see the end. I just love when authors release novellas or even just a couple of pages about those characters.


What are some of your bookworm delights?

No comments :

Post a Comment