Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Websites (Sorta) I Love That Aren't About Books


If are reading this most likely you are like me and can spend hours on the internet searching book related things, especially since I discovered Book Outlet. I can spend 30 minutes just browsing through their selection. However, thanks to the ladies at The Broke and the Bookish I'm going to be talking about what I love to do on the internet when it isn't related to books. The topic was about the top website we love that aren't about books but since I don't spend a lot time on specific websites I'm going to split main categories and a miscellaneous one. This is going up late but I still wanted to get this up. Now that all the details are out of the way, let's get into it.

1. Pinterest: I'm sure this will probably make some other lists (depending on how people decide to do their list) but I had to include it on my own. I don't spend as much time on Pinterest as some other stuff but when I get on there I find myself scrolling for long periods of time.While I do enjoy searching for book related things I use Pinterest for a lot more than that. Here are just some of them:

- interior design ideas - photography/art - recipes - DIYs - hairstyles - inspirational quotes

2. Youtube: I think this where I spend most of my free time on the internet. Today you can pretty much find anything you want to watch. I'm going to share some of my favorite non-bookish creators.
  • Alex Aiono - This is a new favorite of mine. He's an amazing serious and he covers songs from different genres and sometimes even mixes genres in covers.
  • XUrbanSimsX - If you love the sims and don't think it's weird to watch other people play (my mom makes fun of me every time she sees me watching it) then I think you should check her out. She's my favorite person to watch right now because she puts so much thought into each family she creates and makes each video she posts a story instead of just playing.
  • I am a self proclaimed foodie and I love to cook so these are some of my favorite cooking channels to watch that I know of: Rosanna PansinoBrothers Green EatsSORTEDfood, and Laura in the Kitchen
3. Miscellaneous
  • The Sims 4 Forums: If you can't tell already I love the sims. Every now and then I like to go to the forums because they have a section where people post stories about their current family or they create stories to share with the community.
  • Anything Buzzfeed: Whether it's their youtube channels or the actual website, this is something else I can spend hours on since they cover such a wide variety of topics.



What are some of your favorite non-bookish website?

No comments :

Post a Comment