Thursday, September 14, 2017

Temporary by Sarina Bowen and Sarah Mayberry | ARC Mini Review

Temporary by Sarina Bowen and Sarah Mayberry
Publication Date: September 12, 2017
Genre: Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 302
Source: eARC from Author
Find on Goodreads




Goodreads Description

The most beautiful man I've ever seen is the one who can ruin everything...

The first time I lay eyes on Callan Walker, I know he’ll be trouble. With his smug grin, hot Aussie accent and thousand dollar shoes, he’s just the kind of rich guy who always gets what he wants. 

And he wants two things: a night of sin, and my cooperation as he outmaneuvers his powerful mother to take control of his uncle’s estate.

I can’t afford either one. I’m the only thing standing between my little sister and the foster care system. He may have money and charm on his side, but I have something even more powerful -- pure desperation. This temp job at his mother’s company can become a full time job for me. It has to. 

But when Callan’s eyes rake over my body, sometimes I forget my obligations. His piercing gaze finds the fun, optimistic girl I used to be and not the tired person I’ve become.

And it works--if only for a moment. Our night together was a mistake. I can't afford to get sucked into his high-powered family’s treachery. But the closer I get to Callan, the more layers I find beneath those expensive clothes. Though I can’t forget this is temporary. He’s temporary. I have too much to lose. 

Too bad my foolish heart didn’t get the memo...

My Thoughts


Sarina Bowen and Sarah Mayberry are new-to-me authors. While I haven't read anything by either of them I have heard praise for Sarina Bowen and her books. A big problem that can come with co-authoring a book is a story seeming like two separate pieces were being forced together but that wasn't the case with this book. Temporary flowed together and was seamless. It felt like the entire book was written by one author.

This book took me by surprise. Based on the cover and synopsis I was expecting this to focus on a steamy romance and while that is part of it, that isn't the only topic this book focuses on. We get to see how the characters have been affected by not having the best home life growing up. It also shows how people deal with grief and different family dynamics.

Temporary was such a fun read. It didn't completely blow me away but it was still an amazing read. I do with this was a little longer. Callan and Grace went through quite a bit in this book but I still feel like it's only the beginning of their story. Not to mention that Temporary left off on a pretty big cliffhanger. I'm looking forward to seeing what stories these two authors come up with together in the future.

No comments :

Post a Comment