Thursday, November 2, 2017

The Learning Hours by Sara Ney | Audiobook Review

The Learning Hours (How to Date a Douchebag #3) by Sara Ney
Publication Date: September 26, 2017
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 345
Source: Audiobook from InkSlinger PR
Find on Goodreads




Goodreads Description

He's not a douchebag; but that doesn't stop his friends from turning him into one.

MY FRIENDS WANT ME TO GET LAID.

So much so that they plastered my ugly mug all over campus, in bold printed letters:

Are you the lucky lady who's going to break our roommate's cherry?
Him: socially awkward man with average-sized penis looking for willing sexual partner. You: must have a pulse. He will reciprakate with oral. Text him at: 555-254-5551


The morons can't even spell. And the texts I've been receiving are what wet dreams are made of. But I'm not like these douchebags, no matter how hard they try to turn me into one.

THIS ISN'T THE KIND OF ATTENTION I WANT.

One text stands out from hundreds. One number I can't bring myself to block. She seems different. Hotter, even in black and white.

However, after seeing her in person, I know she's not the girl for me. But my friends won't let up--they just don't get it. Douchebags or not, there's one thing they'll never understand: GIRLS DON'T WANT ME. 

Especially her.

My Thoughts


The Learning Hours is book three in the How to Date a Douchebag series. Sara Ney is a new-to-me author so I didn't have any experience withe characters from the previous book. In my defense I didn't realize this part of the series before I started reading the series. Since everything was completely new to me, I didn't know what to expect.

When I first started reading I was apprehensive about the relationship between the two main characters. The two of them were so different and I didn't see how a relationship could work between the two. Rhett, who recently transferred schools, seems like a genuinely nice guy. He's not all like what I was expecting from the series title and it was refreshing. Laurel, on the other hand, was a lot different from any character I've read in new adult before and honestly I was a little annoyed with her for a while. She takes pride in her appearance but what I didn't like was how she used the way she looks to look down on and judge people, especially Rhett, before she even knows them. I appreciate that Laurel doesn't let her judgements stop her from getting to know Rhett and eventually acknowledges that her judgements were wrong.

This was the first time I've ever read/listened to a romance novel through audiobook. I really liked that there were two narratives for the dual perspectives. There were a couple things I wish were done differently. Since there were two narrators I would have liked to hear each narrator when their character spoke instead of being limited to when the perspective switched. This would have been especially usually for the text conversation instead of having to hear each name before the text that was sent. Besides little things like this I really enjoyed the audiobook. The Learning Hours was a lot of fun and the audiobook only added to the experience. The story is worth checking out whether you decide to read it or listen to the audiobook.

No comments :

Post a Comment