Sunday, September 9, 2018

Hot Spell by Mia London and Susan Sheehey | Review

Hot Spell (Sweet Escapes #2) by Mia London and Susan Sheehey
Publisher: Amepphire Press
Publication Date: September 5, 2018
Genre: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 123
Source: eARC from InkSlinger PR
Find on Goodreads




Goodreads Description

She never trusted unconditional love. He never believed he'd be worthy. 

Almost-Olympian gymnast Jordan Beck has coordinated an emergency vacation getaway in Puerto Vallarta for her broken-hearted bestie. Nightly parties, exotic drinks, and sandy beaches are just what she has in mind for her and her friends. She strives for perfection in everything she does and believes she's found it in the emerald-eyed bartender who doesn't back down from her challenge.

Zac Durant learned early on that life is a gift and he's determined to live his to the fullest. Scuba, surfing, tending bar by the ocean, his abuelita's tamales. He's content--until a Latina beauty struts across his pool patio and orders his best drink. Zac isn't the kind to hook up with the resort guests but Jordan changes his mind.

Zac and Jordan know this sensual interlude in paradise is a vacation fling but when sparks turn to fireworks, they are tempted to believe in something real. The illusion of perfection vanishes and Jordan panics, erecting walls around her cautious heart, sabotaging their chance at happily ever after. It is up to Zac to prove that unconditional love is worth a shot at the gold.



My Thoughts


Hot Spell is the second book in the Sweet Escapes companion series. This book follows Jordan as she finds love when the girls take a vacation in Mexico to help Liddy get over her recent breakup. I was so excited going into this sequel/companion because I had so much fun while reading Dry Spell. Sadly I didn't have that same giddy feeling as I did reading the previous book.

If you've read my review of Dry Spell you'll remember I mentioned being concerned that the length of the book wouldn't leave enough room for the story to fully develop. While I didn't feel like it was a problem in that book I think Hot Spell could've benefited from being longer. There was quite a bit going on in the story and there wasn't enough time for each of these aspects to shine.

With that being said, I still think Hot Spell was an enjoyable read. Just like in Dry Spell my favorite part was the characters. I love the friendship between Sam, Jordan, and Liddy! They are always supportive but are never afraid to call each other out when they believe another is making a mistake. I also fell in love with Zac and his grandmother. This was a quick, fun read and I'm looking forward to seeing how things are rounded out in Cold Spell.

No comments :

Post a Comment