Tuesday, December 1, 2015

November Wrap Up

Wow! I can't believe this month is already over. I thought it was going to go by really slow but the month just flew by before I realized it. I think that happened because I set two big goals for myself during the month of November.

The first thing I decided to do was participate in NaNoWriMo for the first time ever. As excited as I was I didn't do very good for my first try. Sadly I didn't even get to a thousands words. I decided to take a short story I wrote for a class and develop and expand it. When I got around to actually starting it was already a week and a half into the month. I honestly wasn't prepared and wasn't in the right mind set to do it. I got caught up in all the excitement of everyone else doing it so I decided very last minute (the day before Nano started) to participate. I was a little upset at first but I got over it because there were a lot more important things I had to worry about. I will definitely be trying again next year!

The other big goal I set for myself was to try to read at least half the amount of books I still have to read for my 2015 reading challenge. I think I could have got a lot more reading done this month but I kept putting off reading because I felt bad that I wasn't writing.

Now that I went over the majority of how this month was related to reading and writing, let's move on to what I actually read!

Books I Read


*Click Cover to link to review




Books I Reread



Currently Reading





Death Note Black Edition Volume 1


Oblivion - This releases December 1st but I will be picking it up as soon as possible!

2015 Reading Challenge


Right now I have read 34 books so far this year. That means I have 16 more books to read by the end of December to complete my challenge that I set for myself on Goodreads. Although that's a lot of books to read in a month I still think it can be done. I have been adding some books to the challenge that I read this year but never put on Goodreads for some reason. I having been reading more than one book at a time and using every spare minute to read so I'm going to do my best to finish my reading goal. 

New to My Shelves


I think I got a little out of control this month. I bought the most books I've ever gotten in this short amount of time. I managed to buy 10 books during November, and that wasn't even including ebooks. One of the books I got through Uppercase. I accidentally ordered a gift subscription so I decided to try it out for a month. I also won a book through a Goodreads giveaway. 






How was the month for you? What are some of your new favorite reads?



No comments :

Post a Comment