Sunday, January 3, 2016

2016 Reading Goals and Challenges

Before I get to my goals and challenges for the year, I would like to let everyone know I decided to start a Youtube channel to go along with my blog. Here's the video I posted for my goals and challenges for the year if you want to check it out.



Personal/Overall Reading Goals


  • Get more organized!
  • Work ahead of schedule instead of procrastinating.
  • Books/Reading
    • I set a goal of 50 books for the year on Goodreads
    • Diversify my reading!
    • Participate in a few reading challenges
  • Blog
    • Post at least 3 times a week
    • Include other content besides memes and reviews
  • Youtube
    • Post at least once a week

Challenge #1: Pop Sugar Reading Challenge


I saw the Pop Sugar Reading Challenge quite a bit last year and I wish I would've known about it earlier. Although I'm not sure if I will be able to get to everything I decided to try it out. Here is a list of all the challenges.


Challenge #2: Around the World Reading Challenge


I've seen this challenge being done a few different ways. Since one of my goals for the year is to read more diversely, I've decided to read a book by an author from every recognized country in the world. I have created a Google map and I will be using that to keep track of what I read. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to finish this challenge during the year but I definitely plan on starting it. Here is a link to my Google Maps if you would like to follow along with my progress in this challenge.

Challenge #3: Finishing the Series Challenge 


The last challenge I decided to participate in is Finishing the Series Challenge. This challenge is hosted by Bea's Book Nook. My goal is to complete level 4 of this challenge, which is to complete 7 or more series. Here is the list of the series I'm attempting to finish for this challenge:


  • Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead - Last year I started rereading this series but stopped after reading the 4th book. I want to finish up
  • Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz - I meant to reread/finish this series last year. Since I didn't get around to it I would like to this year.
  • Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling- I'm one of those people who hasn't read the series yet. I plan to read it before this year is over.
  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan - This is another much loved series that I haven't gotten to yet.
  • Red Rising by Pierce Brown - I recently got the first book in the series. The last book in the series comes out this year so I would like to get to the entire series.
  • 5th Wave by Rick Yancey - I own the first book but never got around to reading it. Since the last book is supposed to be released this year I'm going to try to finish the entire series.
  • Death Note by Tsugumi Ohba - I finished the first 2 volumes the black edition, which is actually the first 4 volumes of the series. I still need to read the last 4 volumes.

What are some of your goals and challenges for the year?

No comments :

Post a Comment