Saturday, September 30, 2017

Show Off Your Love of Reading with Bookish Decor

If you've found your way to my blog chances are you are a fellow book lover. Besides reading (of course), one of my favorite things to do is find bookish decor to show off some of my favorite books. I'm far from having my perfect library but I already know some things I want to include in it.



1. Special Edition of Your Favorite Classic/Book

  • Whether it's a favorite classic or a favorite book, displaying a special edition is an easy but practical way to spice up your library/living space. One of my favorite special edition sets of classics  is the Penguin Drop Caps (pictured above). I also really like the Puffin in Bloom edition of children classics. These are only a couple of the editions that are available. If you aren't a fan of classics you can also look for special or even foreign editions of your favorite books These might not be as easy to find but they make amazing decoration as well as add to your book collection.



2. Bookish Home Items


  • There are lots of other bookish themed items that can be used around the house to add your personal touch. Some of my favorites are bookish pillows that can have quotes and/or artwork inspired by your favorite book or artwork that can be posters or prints. Another thing most people don't think about is coasters. A lot of people use them and you can personalize them so they show of some of your favorites.

3. Bookish Candles
  • This might not be something for everyone. I'll admit I just got into book related candles this year. The candles can represent characters, a specific location, or scenes from a number of books. Some shops even allow you to create custom candles so if you can't find what you're looking for you can have it specially made.



4. NovelTea Tin
  • This is one of those things that has a really specific audience. The company makes these tins that have a twist on a vintage book cover and includes a specific tea and a few extra items. There are only a few designs/tea flavors out now but the shop is working on adding more. I don't currently own any of these but they are cute and would be perfect to add some bookish decor to your kitchen.


These are only a few ways to include my love of reading in the format of bookish decor. If you need more inspiration make sure to go visit Havenly. Their website allows you to browse real room renovations based on the type of room or style (there's a quiz if you're not sure) you are looking for. If that's not enough you can speak with an interior designer to find exactly what you want. If you have other bookish decor items you love, make sure to let me know!

No comments :

Post a Comment