Friday, August 10, 2018

Dry Spell by Mia London and Susan Sheehey | ARC Review

Dry Spell (Sweet Escapes #1) by Mia London and Susan Sheehey
Publisher: Amepphire Press
Publication: August 1, 2018
Genre: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 187
Source: eARC from InkSlinger PR
Find on Goodreads




Goodreads Description

Samantha Callahan fights hard to succeed in a man’s world. At the top of her game with a promotion nearly in her grasp, nothing can stand in her way, not even greedy competitors or a crashed laptop. So, an overdue and well-deserved vacation to the beach with the girls shouldn’t put her on edge. But perhaps Sam’s head has been down in the trenches for so long, she’s forgotten how to enjoy life. 

Chase Bradshaw is the classic hottie next door—a nice man who happens to surf as well as he sizzles in the bedroom. He ditched corporate America for the stress-free salt life, and to follow his dreams. When Sam walks onto his beach, he can practically see the uptight personality oozing from her pores. The woman looks like she could use something other than work to keep her up at night. 

Lucky for her, Chase is just the man to coax the conservative right out of her. 


My Thoughts


Dry Spell was a pleasant surprise for me. Usually I try to go into a book feeling neutral however I was a little concerned when I realized this book was listed as only being 187 pages. I worried that since there wasn't a lot of time work through a story line everything would feel rushed. Once I started reading I grew even more concerned after seeing that the story was told in third person POV. I'll be the first to admit sometimes I find it hard for me to get into stories told in third person and I really don't like it in romance novels. As you can see from my rating none of those things were an issue when it came to this story.

The POV did take me a little time to adjust to but what I love was that it didn't keep me from connecting with the characters. I acknowledge that this story took place over a short amount of time, and there were moments I felt the main characters were moving fast, but I never questioned their feelings for each other. The authors made me believe anything is possible with the right person. One of my favorite parts about Chase and Sam's relationship was that they were able to have an emotional connection in between the steamy bits. Those moments helped make me feel like their feelings were more than surface level. I also really loved Sam's friends and the relationship between them.

I've never read anything by Mia London or Susan Sheehey so I have no personal experience with their writing. In this story they managed to come together and blend their writing seamlessly. With less than 200 pages they we're able to make me fall in love with the characters and experience each emotion right along with them. Without a doubt I will be continuing the series. I definitely recommend supporting Mia and Susan by picking up Dry Spell!

No comments :

Post a Comment