Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Death Note: Black Edition Volumes 1 - 3 by Tsugumi Ohba | Review

Death Note: Black Edition Volume 1
Find on Goodreads



My Thoughts


This was a pretty strong opening to the series. Although I heard some good things so far I wasn't really sure what to expect and how I would like it. I was pleasantly surprised! Faced with the power of the Death Note Light Yagami goes a little insane, in my opinion, and although he had good intentions having that much power is never a good thing. Ryuk was my favorite character and I laughed a lot at him throughout this volume.
Death Note: Black Edition Volume 2
Find on Goodreads



My Thoughts


There isn't much I can discuss without spoiling this since it's volume 3 & 4. I enjoyed it but not as much as the first volume. This volume was more about continuing on with the story and learning more about how to use the death note. I was a little disappointed with the way the big twist ended but I'm sure something extremely crazy is going to happen in the next volume. Ryuk is one of my favorite characters and I was a little sad he wasn't as prominent in this volume. There were still moments where I was still laughing at his interactions with Light
Death Note: Black Editon Volume 3
Find on Goodreads



My Thoughts


This was my least my favorite of the series so far. There were a lot of slow parts when compared to the first two volumes. Ryuk was barely around and I think that had a little to do with not enjoying this one as much. The ending made up for the slow parts! A new enemy was introduced but I hope we get to see more of the old one again in the next volumes. The first half of this series has been really good from so far and I'm looking forward to continuing on with this series.

No comments :

Post a Comment