Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday | The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
Publisher: Razorbill
Expected Publication Date: February 23, 2016
Pages: 352
Find on Goodreads


Goodreads Description

She is the most powerful Jinni of all. He is a boy from the streets. Their love will shake the world...

When Aladdin discovers Zahra's jinni lamp, Zahra is thrust back into a world she hasn't seen in hundreds of years -- a world where magic is forbidden and Zahra's very existence is illegal. She must disguise herself to stay alive, using ancient shape-shifting magic, until her new master has selected his three wishes.

But when the King of the Jinn offers Zahra a chance to be free of her lamp forever, she seizes the opportunity—only to discover she is falling in love with Aladdin. When saving herself means betraying him, Zahra must decide once and for all: is winning her freedom worth losing her heart?

As time unravels and her enemies close in, Zahra finds herself suspended between danger and desire in this dazzling retelling of Aladdin from acclaimed author Jessica Khoury.

Why I'm Waiting


I haven't heard anyone talking about this book but I've seen it around a lot on goodreads. Like a lot of other books I decide to read I didn't know what this was about but when I finally saw the cover I thought it looked interesting so I added it to my to read list. Today I finally read the description and I knew right away that I wanted to read this. I've been really into all the fairy tale retellings, or at least the one's that I've actually read. I'm not sure if there's a written version of Aladdin, if there is I haven't read it, but I loved the movie. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Jessica Khoury explores a different take on Aladdin!

Anyone else looking forward to this release? If so, why are you excited about it?

No comments :

Post a Comment