Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Songs I Wish Were Books


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted at Broke and Bookish. This week's theme is songs I wish that were books. There are quite a few books that I wish were books but I'm just going to list some of those. I have a linked all the songs so if you haven't already heard them, you should check them out.



1. Gravity by Sara Bareilles - I've been in love with this song since I first heard it in on So You Think You Can Dance. This could be interpreted so many ways but I think it would be perfect as a new adult novel where the main character struggles with some type of addiction.

2. Lost & Found by Lianne La Havas - This would definitely be a contemporary. This would follow someone as he/she lost him/herself in a relationship, romantic or not, in order to not feel like they were alone.

3. Beautiful by Me'Shell NdegéOcello - If you haven't seen Love & Basketball, there is a song by this artist called Fool of Me. That song is also amazing and one of my favorites. I'm sucker for a good love story, and that's exactly what this song is.

4. Save Him by Justin Nozuka - This song is very emotional. It deals with domestic abuse, and I think it would be interesting to see how this subject would be handle in a novel.

5. Candles In The Sun by Miguel - This is another song that is very emotional. There are some many problems that are brought up in this song that I would love to see be covered in one book, or even a series. Being one of those songs by

6. Waiting Game by Banks - I love this song and I would love to see it any book form.

7. Q.U.E.E.N. by Janelle Monae - This is one of my favorite songs by Janelle Monae! This song is basically about being yourself and being proud of that. I really want to see this is a book form.

8. I'm Gonna Show You Crazy by Bebe Rexha - There are few different ways this can be translated into a novel. I would be interested in seeing the interpretation.

9. Cosmic Love by Florence + The Machines - This is one of my current favorite songs. I'm sure there are already books out that would go along with song. It wouldn't hurt to have one more though.

10. Formation by Beyonce - There has been so much controversy around this song but I still love it. Not only is the song catchy but it celebrates everything it means to be an African American. It lets people know they don't have to be ashamed of what it means to be them. I would like to see this in book form but to go along with this I would love to see more racially diverse books across popular genres and all age groups.

No comments :

Post a Comment