Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #4

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted at Broke and Bookish. Each week there is a topic and we list off our top ten items based on that topic.

This week's theme:

Ten Bookish Things I Want to Quit Or Have Quit 


Some of these series I'm not sure if I'm going to completely quit some of these series. As of right now I'm not continuing on with these. These aren't listed in any specific order.
*All series linked to Goodreads page if you would like to check them out.


Fallen Series by Lauren Kate - I don't remember the actual story but I remember how I felt while I was reading it. I liked the overall concept and I really enjoyed the first but I felt like I had to force myself to finish certain sections and to even get through the beginning of the second book. I own the first 2 books in the series but I'm not exactly sure where they are right now. If I end of finding them or randomly getting the series (which I doubt I will) I might try to read the series.

Dream Catcher Series by Lisa McMann - I read the first book in the series, Wake, and overall I enjoyed it. I liked the concept but I was a bit disappointed because some of the big reveals were not as exciting as I would have liked them to been. This is a series I would be willing to finish.

House of Night Series by P.C Cast and Kristin Cast - This is another series I'm on the fence about. In a way I grew up with this series and read with a few of my classmates. I enjoyed it while I reading and the only reason I stopped was because I wasn't able to get the next book in the series at the time. I was so close to finishing and am considering rereading and finishing the series.

Luxe Series by Anna Godbersen - I tried beginning this series so many times but I just couldn't get into it. The beginning of the first book was so slow. I thought maybe I couldn't get into it because it was historical fiction but I realized I've read other historical fiction and enjoyed it. I even bought the second book in the series to try to force myself to get through the first one. That helped me get a little further in the book but I never did finish it. I may consider picking it up at some point but for now it just continues to sit on my bookshelf.

Matched Series by Ally Condie - I first picked this up from my school library. I was really intrigued by the concept but it was slow start so I wasn't pulled in like I wanted to be. After renewing the book for almost 3 months I decided that I wasn't going to get to it since I was busy with school work. I might consider picking it up later but since I heard so many mixed reviews I'm not sure.

Evernight Series by Claudia Gray - I actually enjoyed the first book. I don't really remember what it's about. All I remember is the main character being at a school full of vampires but she doesn't know she's a vampire, then a vampire hunter shows up at the school. I do know I enjoyed it enough to pick up the next 2 books in the series. I think there are 4 or 5 in total. I thought about picking this up again but since there are so many other books I would like to read that I'm just not sure I will.

Moon Series by Jeanette Battista - I found this series looking through Amazon for free books to put on my kindle. The story took a different approach to werewolves and other types of shapeshifters and it was a lot more exciting than I was expecting it to be. The obsession of the main character's brother was a creepy but it was still good. I bought the second book in the series but I'm not sure if I ever got around to reading it. The main reason I'm not as excited about the rest of the series is because they don't focus on the main characters I had grown to care for.

The Vampire Diaries Series by L.J. Smith - I'm not really sure what I was expecting going into this series. The first book wasn't terrible but it wasn't as exciting as I would have a like it to be. After watching the TV show, I would prefer to watch that than read the books.

The Fallen Series by Thomas E. Sniegoski - I think I was interested in reading more about angles after reading the Blue Bloods Series by Melissa de la Cruz and the Fallen Series by Lauren Kate. I picked up the book that had books 1 & 2. It was interesting so I picked up the next one which was books 3 & 4. It got put on the back burner since at the time there were other books that I was more interested in continuing. I may pick this up again in the future but I'm not sure.

Privilege Series by Kate Brian - I read Kate Brian's entire Private series and really enjoyed it while I was reading it so I decided I would check out her other series that revolved around a character from the first book in the Private series. I tried reading the first book but I couldn't really get into. I'm pretty sure that I will not be continuing on with the series.

Did any of these make your list of book series you quit or want to quit? What are some series or books you abandoned and why?

No comments :

Post a Comment