Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #5

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted at Broke and Bookish. Each week there is a topic and we list off our top ten items based on that topic.

This week's theme is Top Ten Author Duos You'd LOVE To See Write A Book TogetherHowever I feel like I haven't read enough different authors to come up with some good answer so I decided to switch it up a bit. My them for this week will be:

11 Popular Authors I Really Want to Read


*Links lead to author's website

Sarah J. Maas - I'm cheating a little on this one since I'm currently reading Throne of Glass. Since I haven't actually finished a book by her I figured it was still alright to add her to the list.

J.K. Rowling - Most people have read at least one thing by J.K. Rowling but I never got around to it.

Rainbow Rowell - I have heard nothing but good things about her work. I previously tried to read Eleanor & Park but at the time I was in a reading slump so I couldn't get into it.

V.E. Schwab - The two series I hear about the most are A Darker Shade of Magic and Vicious. These two series are extremely popular and sound like something I would be interested in reading. I can't wait to read them.

Scott Westerfeld - I have always seen the Uglies series in the library but for some reason I never picked them up. I would like to pick up the series someday but I'm more interested in reading some of his newer work, especially Zeros and Afterworlds.

Rick Riordan - Rick Riordan is a bit of a new discovery for me. If I had known about the Percy Jackson series earlier I think I would have really been a fan since I was really interested in Greek mythology when I was learning about it.

Colleen Hoover - I haven't heard a single bad thing about any of her books. When she has a new book, it seems like everyone has to stop everything and read that book before anything else. I would really like to see what that is all about.

Marie Lu - The Legend Series and The Young Elites!

Cassandra Clare - Although I found it a little hard to get into the first Mortal Instruments book, I have always been really interested in it. There are so many people that enjoy her writing and I would at least like to give it a fair chance before saying if I like it or not.

Brandon Sanderson - I have heard some good things about his writing, mainly the Mistborn trilogy.

Patrick Ness - He has come out with so many books that I have been interested in reading. I can't wait to finally start reading his work.

There are so many other authors I would have loved to add to this list but then it would have gone on forever! What are some other authors I should check out?

No comments :

Post a Comment