Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday | The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett

The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Expected Publication Date: November 3, 2015
Pages: 304
Find on Goodreads


Goodreads Description

Artist Beatrix Adams knows exactly how she's spending the summer before her senior year. Determined to follow in Leonardo da Vinci’s footsteps, she's ready to tackle the one thing that will give her an advantage in a museum-sponsored scholarship contest: drawing actual cadavers. But when she tries to sneak her way into the hospital’s Willed Body program and misses the last metro train home, she meets a boy who turns her summer plans upside down.


Jack is charming, wildly attractive . . . and possibly one of San Francisco’s most notorious graffiti artists. On midnight buses and city rooftops, Beatrix begins to see who Jack really is—and tries to uncover what he’s hiding that leaves him so wounded. But will these secrets come back to haunt him? Or will the skeletons in Beatrix’s own family’s closet tear them apart?

Why I'm Waiting


The Anatomical Shape of A Heart was a book that immediately drew me from the first time I saw it. I think it was a mix of the title and the cover, I'm not really sure, but it made me interested in what the book was about. After reading the summary I was immediately intrigued. Although it sounds like a basic plot that has been visited before, the little details given about the characters makes it something unique.

Since I have been reading a lot of fantasy/paranormal fantasy/urban fantasy books lately I have been wanting to read some contemporary. This book is contemporary but also realistic fiction. Not only does this summary interests me, I have seen some really positive reviews from people who have received ARCs. I'm excited to get my hands on this book!

Any opinions on this book?


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine. Head over to check out other Waiting on Wednesday posts.

No comments :

Post a Comment